Few Lines from my Upcoming Novel: Waiting for Comments



I saw him in brightness. I could see his face clearly than before. Unbelievable! His appearance was not like a prof. he seemed so handsome, young. He wore a black overcoat on his yellow v-necked T-shirt that pictured a rudy unicorn in black color. His hair was 1½ inched evenly long, curled shortly and utterly black in color. He had a fair-complexion, clean shaved face, brown eyes, which is unrelated to his clear Tamil.

I saw something was disturbing me in his face. That was something. Eyes, ears neck, nothing. But something in his face is…disturbed me. Yeah! I got that. Yes, ‘the pierce’. I found an expired pierce on the right of his nose. It seemed like a black dot.

.  .  .

There we had only one kilometer to cross the boundary of west Bengal, where I could see the NHAI’s huge green reflected, ‘thank you. Visit again.’ Moreover, we even crossed a toll plaza. He paid the toll amount and we crossed the gate. It became late evening. The increased speed touched 180 km. He began to shed tears. I don’t know whether it is because of me or the force of wind. He tried to push me off from the running jeep. That willow couldn’t push me with his single hand. I hadn’t understand what else he gonna to do.  Then he said, “I never betray my master till I’m alive.” I didn’t expect that would be Joodu’s last word.  He suddenly kicked me out by placing one of his legs at my shoulder and other at my waist, as he rolled down the steering wheel, across the divider on the road. I threw outside and injured terribly as I rolled on a thorn bush. The next second, I saw his jeep flew in the air as it crashed by a heavy 32 wheeled container truck. It burst down with a great sound and began to ignite.
I looked for a few seconds empty and then I realized what happened. I ran to the spot and I searched him everywhere. I couldn’t found him. I prayed god to return my friend even with major injuries. I overwhelmed and wailed, when I saw an over burnt hand clutched the steering wheel tightly inside the jeep. My god! The vehicle caught by a hungry fire. I do not have the ability to save my Joodu. I’ve lost him in front of my eyes. I shouted for help. But nothing was helpful including me. I knelt down on the road and cried. The vehicle appeared as a skeleton. 

.  .  .  

I heard someone knocking the door. I concluded that the pimp might remind them to bring the lighter from me. I sat in the middle of the bed and saw the full moon again at last in my life. I flared it up. When I set fire, I heard a Hindi song, ‘Roop tera mastana’ from nearby brothel. The knocking became thudding heavily. I placed the cottons for quick fire. The thudding became terribly chorus. I felt few members stood outside and they are trying to break the door. I thought it must be a police ride. But that was not easy in that region. It began to burn around me. I placed my dress to catch fire. As the door had broken, I caught by fire. The fire surrounded me raised upto my sitting height. 

                                                                         .  .  .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There was a Country: Analysis

On an Asian Poet Fallen Among American Translators: An analysis

The Dreams of Tipu Sultan by Girish Karnad

The Snake Song by R K Narayan: A Brief Summary

In Custody- Narrative style, Theme and Techniques

The Future of the Novel by Henry James - A Brief Note

Fifty Years of Indian Writing: Essence

Communistic Perspective on feminist Arundati Roy

The Modern Fiction (the English Critical Tradition) ed. Ramasamy and Sethuraman

Love at First Sight: Some theoretical reasons...